5/23/2008

That scraping sound? That's the bottom of the barrel.

Hillary references Robert Kennedy Assassination as reason to press on.
"My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California. I don't understand it,"
I... what? I can understand the historical significance, I can almost give her the benefit of the doubt here, say "Oh, what a horribly inappropriate analogy..." but then I think about who I'm talking about, and the tone she's taken in the campaign, and it's not hard to go from that point and use the thought process of "I'll get the nomination if he's assassinated."

And I hate that I think that, I hate that she's driven this contest to a point where I actually HAVE to consider that. When the process started, I remember standing in Burger King and talking with Damian, talking about who was going to get the nomination. I was hoping (Ha) for Obama, and he felt Hillary was more likely to get it - at that point we decided either way wasn't going to be so bad at all.

Now I look at what Senator Clinton has done, I look at the lengths she'll go to, to try and secure the nomination and I'm saddened. I'm absolutely shocked at the campaign shes ran, and with that fact in mind, is it any wonder that she says something like this, and our first thoughts aren't "she said the wrong thing" but, "She's trying to plant a seed" or "Is that really what she's hoping for?"

The fact is the way one news site worded it was true. "Hillary apologizes... ...to stay in the race." Or the fact that she's having to apologize on almost a weekly basis now, having to pull back some comment her, or her people have made in this contest.

At this point, I almost do wish she'd run third party, just because I frankly have trouble calling her a Democrat anymore.