2/07/2008

Romney Drops Like a Fly

Romney suspends presidential campaign
Mitt Romney suspended his bid for the Republican presidential nomination Thursday, saying if he continued it would "forestall the launch of a national campaign and be making it easier for Sen. Clinton or Obama to win."

"In this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign be a part of aiding a surrender to terror. This is not an easy decision. I hate to lose," the former Massachusetts governor said.
Yeah, but you certainly don't hate the fact that you can make cheap, slanderous shots at your would-be opponents, you miserable shit.

But remember, conservatives have more class.

"If this were only about me, I'd go on. But it's never been only about me. I entered this race because I love America, and because I love America, in this time of war I feel I have to now stand aside for our party and for our country."
You know, he's sort of right here - not having him in the race is good for the country - since it means he won't be fucking the entire country up. Happy trails, Mitt - try not to come back.

Well, this pretty much leaves John McCain as the GOP candidate, barring a suddenly strong showing from God-Boy Huckabee. And no, Racist Ron Paul doesn't count, since he wouldn't even have any chance as the only candidate.