1/25/2009

Blagojevich: Completely Off the Rails

And now, here's one from the "You Really Can't Make This Stuff Up" files.

Think Progress: Blagojevich compares himself to MLK, Mandela, and Ghandi.
Today in an interview with NBC, disgraced Gov. Rod Blagojevich (D-IL) compared himself to human rights heros Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King, Jr., and Mahatma Gandhi.
So let me see if I've got all this straight, Blogjam: You're like Gandhi, Mandela, and King; the charges against you are, to your family, "what Pearl Harbor Day was to the United States"; you're a cowboy in your own mind being "hung without a fair trial" and it's all a plot to raise taxes.

His whole persona, from the moment he got in there, has been as a down-to-earth guy who's against so-called "political insiders". First off, you're not winning anyone over thrwing tantrums to call attention to yourself, nor are you gaining any points by acting like this is all below you.

Second, you're digging yourself that much deeper with comparisons like these - seriously, you think you're the equal of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.? Oh hell no.

But to top off this whole thing, let me add one very important little insight: Your actions were exactly what the "political insiders" you hate so much would do. You are what you claim to hate, Blogjam; I suggest you simply go quietly and stop making a damn fool of yourself.

I swear, if I ever voted for this man, I regret it deeply. If I had known he was this far out of his friggin' mind, I would've written in Mickey Mouse. At least if Mickey were elected, we'd have another total badass in elected office, and I think that's something we sorely need these days.