PENCE: I don’t believe Rush Limbaugh has a racist bone in his body. If you’re suggesting that his statement had a racist element in it, I commend you to a greater understanding of the positions he’s taken.Really now, Rep. Pence? So you don't believe there's a racist bone in the body of the man who:
- Said, "minorities never do anything for which they have to apologize",
- Referred to President Obama as a "little black man-child",
- Stated that Obama's nomination was because "nobody had the guts to stand up and say no to a black guy",
- Said that Obama's "only chance of winning is that he's black",
- Said, "If Barack Obama were Caucasian, they would have taken this guy out on the basis of pure ignorance long ago",
- Accused Obama of having "disowned his white half ... he's decided he's got to go all in on the black side"
- Said that Obama "look[ed] like Ayman Zawahiri" in the now-infamous photo of him in traditional Somali clothing,
- Repeatedly referred to Obama as "Barack the Magic Negro", complete with song,
I'm going to say what I say every time a story like this comes up: I did not vote for this man. I would never. That this man is so ignorant of even basic, easily-found facts, especially in this age of the ever-present Internet is frightening; that he is an elected official is galling; that he is essentially guaranteed a continual job because of the people in this area who would vote for him is a tragedy.